Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Pot Roast.

Last night I decided to make dinner.  This in itself is noteworthy because I've cooked like 18 times in the nearly two years since we've been married. (I guess that's what being a full-time student and working 40 hours a week will do to you.)  I was really excited because Blake would be home late and I could surprise him.  I decided last minute to make a pot roast.  Guess what I learned? Don't decide last minute to make a pot roast.  It won't work.  It will not cook in time.  Luckily, (for me, not for Blake) Blake's test took him a lot longer than he expected and he came home an hour later than he thought.  


One semi-cooked pot roast, mashed potatoes, peas, and edamame (Why? Because we had some in the fridge) meal later, it wasn't a complete failure, but still a little rough.  The moral of the story: Cooking is lame, and it takes forever, but I'm actually really looking forward to the day when I'm graduated and have time to really try, and hopefully improve my cooking skills. Good thing I married a rockstar who cooks like 4-5 nights a week.  Blake is a champ. Reason #435798473 why I love him.

2 comments:

Cam said...

You're so funny Michelle! I love reading about your adventures. :)

Emily said...

Moral of the story: cooking is lame. Hahaha, so true Michelle, it takes so much work to cook. I thought once I was a mom I'd get better at it... ha. Still working on that one. ;)