Friday, November 4, 2011

7 Days...


I slept for about 3 1/2 hours last night.  Is this what the end of pregnancy feels like?  Great.  However, I did manage to shave my legs this morning, so, you know, there's that.  If you don't know why this is incredible, then you have never been 39 weeks pregnant.

It hit me a few weeks ago while I was making the trek from campus to my trusty parking spot next to the car with eyelashes in the Marriott Center parking lot, (have you seen that car? It's so funny!)  that I'm not only having a baby, but I'm also graduating.  I always thought I would be more excited.  I mean, of course I'm excited, but I'm also really going to miss school.  I loved every second of being a BYU student.  I really, really did.  I even loved the seconds cramming for those awful American Heritage tests.  Even those excruciating seconds I loved deep down because I love BYU, and I love learning, and I love school.  

About a year ago, my sister Natalie told me to enjoy every moment of being in college, because it is the only time in your whole life where your main focus can be on making yourself a better, smarter person. Of course, you can always improve, but in college, the whole time you get to have your #1 focus be on becoming a more knowledgeable person.  When you think about it, it's kind of selfish, and it is wonderful.

I only have ONE week left until my due date, and FIVE weeks until I'm an official college graduate.  I'm going to miss school, but I'm very excited to move on to this next adventure.

Our little guy is constantly moving and reminding us that he's coming soon.  I like to think that I have a lot more time left than I really do.  Most of my sisters have had to be induced a week after their due dates, so I'm not very hopeful that he'll come on his awesome due date of 11.11.11.  My sister asked me if I've packed my hospital bag, and I found myself answering, "no, I'll probably just do that the night before..." then I realized that I don't know when the night before will be... which is still a very hard concept for me- the perpetual planner- to wrap my head around. 

We are VERY excited around here.  Blake and I love to look at the baby swing that now occupies the space next to our TV in our living room, and I love to do my homework in the baby's room and just spend time in there. At least I know that at the very most I'll be holding my baby in 14 days!

4 comments:

KIKA said...

oh michelle! how awesome is this? congrats on graduating AND baby! wonderful timing :) I'm going to miss seeing you in the brimhall though :(

Unknown said...

So really funny I had a dream that you went into labor at a byu football game (I must have seen your cute picture like right before bed!) and the whole thing was put on hold... It was a big deal! also random side note our swing is also right by our tv in the corner... I am so excited for you!

Cam said...

I can't believe how soon you're due! That is so amazing! I'm so excited for you guys!!

Sierra and Ryan said...

I haven't heard an update so I hope you baby and family are doing well! Even if baby is still in the belly! So excited for you!