Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My dumb computer and Haiti



I am beyond frustrated! My computer has had way too many problems in the past and now I get to experience another one.  I cannot upload pictures from my iphoto! Every time I try my computer freezes.  It is driving me crazy! Because of this I can't put up any pictures of seeing Tom at the airport or his homecoming yet.  As soon as I get this problem fixed I'll blog about that.


On to things that don't require pictures... My sweet blog friend Chloe posted a few days ago about her friends Brittany and Grant who are taking a trip to Haiti to bring supplies and help in any way they can.  They told us they will be doing a lot of dressing wounds and caring for the injured people.


They need to fill 8 bags full of supplies to take down there.  Blake and I had been talking about ways to contribute or how to help and when we read about them, we went to Costco and picked up some things.  It was so easy and such a good way to contribute.  They mainly need:


Costco sized ibuprofin
Costco sized advil
Prenatal Vitamins
Children's Vitamins
and Powdered baby formula.


The baby formula is what they need the most of.  Costco is the best way to go for most of this stuff because you can buy huge sizes.  Brittany and Grant have a giant bag on their front door that you can just drop the stuff off in if they're not home.  You can find their blog here.  Brittany listed their phone numbers so you can call to get their address.  They live in Orem.  They are leaving Thursday so they need everything by tomorrow!


It was kind of discouraging to think about all the people who have died, all the children who are left as orphans, all the destruction, devastation, pain, and suffering that is taking place there and then look at our little boxes of baby formula, vitamins, and pills and really think they're going to help, but I know that every little bit makes a difference and I think about the people who will receive them and I pray that it can help, even if it's in a very small way.

3 comments:

Kayla said...

You know chloe!!? I love her. what a small world. I worked with her at Hogi Yogi and she was friends with my husband. she is such a sweet one!

Michelle said...

yes, she is the sweetest thing! And her blog is HILARIOUS! How are you Kayla? It's so fun to stay semi caught up with you via your blog :)

Kayla said...

I am doing fabulous!! and yes I agree, it's good lots of people have blogs or else I wouldn't have any idea what is going on with anyone. What's new with you guys?