Thursday, October 14, 2010

Good and Bad

The good news:  I'm in DC!
The bad news: without Blake.


The good news: I'm here for the Public Relations Student Society of America National Conference.
The bad news: Blake isn't here


The good news: This is the coolest opportunity to network, build relationships, and learn more about the profession that I am slowly assimilating into with every press release, every tweet, and every article I write; and since I'm on the Executive Board, for the BYU chapter of PRSSA, this trip was basically all paid for.
The bad news:  I'm Blake-less.... you get the picture.  But it's only six days, and I'll be back on Tuesday, oh you know, the day before my 22nd birthday!! Wednesday. 


So I'm here with 5 of the 8 members of the E-board having a blast.  Tomorrow is the first official day of conference, so today we did the tourist thing.




Me, Michelle T., and Lauren on the plane.  And creeper Nick in the background.  Oh I died my hair darker! I love it.  Not my best picture though, cut me some slack, it was the end of the flight.








These were supposed to look cooler.  We're on a really sweet looking escalator off of the metro.  OK now I can see the idea seemed cooler in my head.



The girls in front of the Capitol. Me, Haley, Lauren and Michelle T.



Haley and I 




We saw some amazing memorials today too, but I'll post about them tomorrow.  My favorite was the Pentagon memorial.  So peaceful and still so somber.  I am so grateful for our country, and so very proud to be an American.

3 comments:

Jordan Gluch said...

Hey! I was just here

Lauren Lytle said...

I love your blog and I love YOU!

Haley said...

LOVE this!! :)