Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More D.C.

So I know the real reason we came to D.C.  wasn't to see the sights... but that happened anyway, so here's a bunch of pictures. 


Here's Patrick and I in front of the sign for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetery.  Patrick just got hired by GM! Hurray for internships turning into jobs! Also, follow him on twitter, legit thought leader right here. 


At Arlington Cemetery.  It was so incredible.  It is so sobering to see all the graves and to have a visual like that to illustrate the amount of people that have served and fought for our country. 

In front of Ford's Theatre.. obviously.. because there's a giant sign above me telling you all where I am. 

This was so cool, I'm standing between Joseph Smith and Brigham Young at the Smithsonian.  We went to see the exhibit of one of my FAVORITE painters, Norman Rockwell.  All the pictures on display were from the collections of Steven Spielberg and George Lucas.  There were some I had never seen before.  Norman Rockwell's originals are so much cooler than the prints.  It was awesome! 

Here's the fabulous Lauren Lytle and I 

Me, Lauren, Steve and Nick in front of the White House.  Thanks for getting the WH in the picture, random street lady. 

Oh here we go, with a little sass thrown in. Especially on Steve's part.

Probably the main reason for me uploading these next pictures are because of the fact that Haley and my eyes are closed in almost every picture.  How does that even happen? This is in front of the National Archives by the way.  We saw the Nuremberg laws in there, complete with Hitler's original signature, which was very eerie.  We also saw the Constitution, Declaration, Bill of Rights, AND Magna Carta.

Please don't click on this picture to make it bigger because you will see that my eyes are closed.. again.

Patrick, Nick, Haley, Steve, Me and Brandon

Please, we HAD to get a hot dog from a street vendor!

Haley and I on the metro

This is blurry because the metro was moving.  Thanks Steve for risking your life to take this picture of us.


And Lauren and I in our chapter shirts before one of the sessions.  I realize there is an overwhelming number of pictures of ME on this blog, but hey, it's my blog.  (Yes, I'm claiming this blog all on my own.  I feel like that's justified considering the fact that Blake just asked me what the URL was for our blog again a few days ago.  So Blake is grounded from the blog until further notice.)



Here's one last picture.  All the girls before a joint session of PRSA/PRSSA.  

No comments: