Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's a BOY!!!!

If you are my Facebook friend, which you probably are, then you know we're having a boy! I thought it was a boy all along, and Blake started to think so too.  I was SO EXCITED when the doctor confirmed our would-be parental instincts (or lucky guess). It is so fun being able to concentrate on getting ready for mini-Blake to arrive.

We went to the doctor on Tuesday and got to see our little guy on the screen.  He's so cute already.  I have never been one to like ultrasound pictures (some are just so creepy looking!) But he is adorable.  The more we are able to get ready for him, the more excited we get.  Blake and I love to say "our son." It's my favorite thing.  Example, "Blake, our son is kicking a lot right now." 

We Blake has been painting the crib:


With a little help.  Blake's nephew Will has been our little buddy the last few days.  He comes to visit us a lot and has been telling me what kinds of toys little boys like to play with so I can be prepared.

 And here's a 20 week picture.  Half-way there! So far I've been feeling awesome.  The first trimester was tough.  It was near the end of a tough semester, and I was running out of classes to go throw up.  Luckily I had very understanding professors and bosses, (plus I go to BYU, they're used to pregnant students.)

Once I started the second trimester, I felt so good.  Which was a huge blessing because I was already in New York and it was hard enough being away from Blake.  I had some pretty killer headaches, but other than that I felt amazing.  My joints hurt now, and I feel like I'm 100 years old when my back and hips ache so bad that I'm hobbling around. And there there's the heartburn, oh the heartburn! But I look at how hard some other people's pregnancies are and I feel really lucky.  I've felt really good.  

I haven't really had weird cravings, I just want the food I already love all the time.  I ALWAYS want a burger, and I will never say no to ice cream, but that is pretty standard. 
Blake and I at the Lehi Rodeo Friday night.  By the way, finally a stranger asked me how far along I was! I was SO excited because that means I'm getting out of the "is that girl just chubby" stage to the "I think she's pregnant"stage.  Sweet!

9 comments:

Mercedes said...

Haha! You do definitely look pregnant (not fat!) I always loved reaching the stage where people finally felt comfortable asking me if I was pregnant :) You look GREAT!! We are so excited for you guys!

matt and eve lloyd said...

Congratulations! Boys are awesome. We are really excited to see the little man. He'll be very handsome. Good luck with the rest of pregnancy. You look wonderful!

Kayla said...

look at your cute little bump!! you're tiny. Congrats on having a boy, he will be so handsome!

Dunaways said...

CONGRATS Michelle! So exciting! You have the cutest little baby bump. I noticed you are having heart burn. It's awful! Try Zantac. It worked really well for me. :) I'm happy to hear you are feeling good though! Enjoy this semester, it's the best by far!

Dunaways said...

haha I meant trimester... you lose your brain a bit and sleep after a baby ;)

Natty said...

Oh you look so cute and so tiny. Congrats on the little boy. Boys are sooo much fun. They are wild and crazy, but soooo sweet too

Unknown said...

MICHELLE!! You're prego! I'm so happy for you :) I've been home from my mission for 4 months now! I'm traveling the world starting July 19th so you should follow me on my blog. Love ya!!!

www.e3carlyjo.blogspot.com

Sydney said...

You look great Michelle! Congrats on the baby boy! I hope someday our babies can be friends! :)

Anonymous said...

ahhh SHELL! Congrats!!! he will be the cutest boy ever!! and holy smokes. you are one hot momma