Monday, June 6, 2011

Let's Hear it for New York!



I took a little blogging hiatus for a few weeks because Blake came to visit! We had the best time! We hadn't seen each other in 4 weeks, which, if you're wondering, is 4 weeks too long.

We:
  • Went to a Yankees Game, Yankees v. Blue Jays, even though they played Toronto, it was still the most exciting Major League Baseball game I've ever seen. 
  •  Rented a row boat in Central Park and rowed around the lake for an hour. That was one of my favorite things we did, it was gorgeous.  We saw turtles everywhere! It was such a fun afternoon.

  • Went to Bethesda Fountain
  • Visited Rockefeller Center
  • Magnolia's Bakery

  • Serendipity

  • ...and many more ice cream stands on the streets that my pregnant self dragged Blake along to
  • Shopped at a few local street fairs
  • Watched Top Gun on the top deck of the U.S.S Intrepid that's docked in NY Harbor.  (This ship has since been converted to a museum)


    • Times Square, this is about two weeks old, but I think I'm 16 weeks in this picture. Officially 4 months!

    • Went to Grimaldi's Pizza...twice. It was worth the 1 hour and 45 minute wait, seriously, it was.

    • Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge

     
     
     (sidenote: the definition of anxiety is wearing white pants in NYC.)
    • Took a ferry to see the Statue of Liberty (please excuse my shoes, too much walking!)
    • Went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and even saw the Alexander McQueen exhibit


     



    • Went to the Natural History Museum (where we saw the one and only Mr. Feeny from Boy Meets World, oh and Tony Hawk, but come on, Mr. Feeny!!)
    Blake did a good job fake posing for this picture. I'm so mad that i didn't take a picture with Mr. Feeny! 


    • Visited Ground Zero.  This little chapel, St. Paul's Church, I think, is directly across the street from Ground Zero. It's been turned into a reverent memorial for the events of that day.  It is beautiful inside, and very sobering. Firefighters napped on the benches before getting called back into "the pit," and their boots and helmets left deep scuff marks on the benches.  Rather than replace them, the church preserved them as a memento of the sacrifices made. This is also one of the oldest churches in America. Immediately after George Washington was inaugurated, he came here to pray.
    • Soho







    •  Greenwich Village, my favorite area for sure

    • Took a tour of the U.N., and sat in the General Assembly room (17 weeks pregnant, here comes the bump!)
    • Saw "How to Succeed In Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway.  We sat fourth row, and Daniel Radcliffe is the lead performer. He was awesome! We loved it!

    • Went to the Apollo Theater, and cringed as the rest of the audience boo-ed people off the stage
    • Went to Roxy's in Time Square
    • China town/Little Italy
    • and did lots, and lots of walking
      He just left today, but I already miss him so much! We had the best time together, and even though it's been really tough being so far away from Blake and our families, I know I'm going to look back on this experience and be glad I came.  I've learned so much in this internship, and I can't write too much about it because there are strict privacy rules, but I really love it. I've met great people and New York in the Spring is tough to argue with. 

      By the way, we've been feeling our little baby kick! And he/she is very strong already! I'd write more about it, but I think our peanut deserves its own post later on.

      7 comments:

      Kayla said...

      FUN pictures! I'm glad you got to be with your husband! My love is gone for the whole summer :( and it totally sucks. So I know how you feel! your beautiful michelle! and I love your teeny tiny baby bump! also love you got a pic of mr. feeney. haha oh boy meets world!

      Mary said...

      Holy Moly Michelle you did SO much how long was Blake there? I've been to NYC many times in my life, but have not done all that! ha

      And you don't even look pregnant you punk! ; )

      So glad you love could come and see you and have fun together!

      Natty said...

      WOW there is sooo much to do in NYC. I have always wanted to go there. You look so cute all pregnant.

      Anonymous said...

      I am happy that you two got to be together!

      Heidi Greaves said...

      Mr. Feeny! That's awesome. I loved the picture.

      Sydney said...

      Michelle,
      I am so happy for you and Blake (and baby!). It looks like your reunion with Blake was fab! You look great by the way!

      Anonymous said...

      your belly is too cute!!!!