Tuesday, July 12, 2011

An Open Letter

To all participants of any BYU intramural flag football league:


If you rip one more of my husband's shirts while going for his flag, I'mma kill you. Not like "oh my gosh, I can't believe you just did that, I'm going to kill you!" No, literally, I will kill you.  Blake has lost way too many shirts playing flag football, and is only allowed to wear the already-ripped ones to games from now on.


Sidenote: Hey refs, when they grab and tear a shirt literally in half, it's called holding. Blow your whistle, and I will stop yelling at you. That is how our relationship will work.


Blake's in the middle of his intramural season, a.k.a the happiest time of his life. The only hard thing about this pregnancy is not being able to play any co-ed intramurals with him.  It's kind of sad that last year was our last chance for that, but we got to play on a basketball and softball team together, which was so much fun! You really don't want to mess with our basketball team. Really, you don't. 


Other than intramurals, Blake's in the process of submitting his secondary applications to medical school. The process is, first you send out primary's, and then from that the schools decide whether or not to send you a secondary, and then after you turn those in, the schools contact you to come for an interview, and then you wait in agonizing anticipation to see if they have accepted you. 


We've also been having a lot of fun with our ward. Right before I left for New York, Blake got called to be in the bishopric of a singles' ward. I was able to go to our new ward once before I left for my internship, and Blake stayed behind and attended a singles' ward... by himself... for two months. Hilarious. By the way, I forgot how many activities singles' wards have! We are having the best time! Pool parties, dutch oven dinners, bonfires up the canyon, breakfasts, and that's just the start. We really miss our old ward, but we are having so much fun with this new one. 

2 comments:

Mindy Sagers said...

I love your blog Michelle. You are such a good writer and always entertaining (aka the ripped shirts) haha! Hope all is well. :)

Natty said...

that is so funny about the singles ward, because my husband just got called to be in the bishopbric of our singles ward. Yes they do have lots of activities. Its fun to go to, and feel young again; Casey is convinced to match up at least one couple-haha