Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Wrong Number

A few weeks ago, Blake and I went to the Lehi rodeo with my family.  I texted my sister before to ask her what time it started and exactly how to get there.  She usually texts back pretty quickly, but she didn't respond for a little while.  About a half hour later, I got a phone call from a phone number that was one digit off from my sister's.  Realizing I just texted the wrong number, I answered the phone:

Me: Hello?

Stranger:  (In a very demanding voice) Who is this?

Me: Michelle, who is this?

Stranger: Shannon. You texted me.

Me: Oh sorry, I just realized I typed in the wrong number when I saw your number on my caller ID.

Stranger: Do you need to know how to get to the Lehi rodeo?

Me:... yes?

Stranger: Ok, you take main street, turn right after the roundabout, there's parking on the west side of the arena, and if you drive north a few streets you'll find more parking.  It starts at eight. Walk in the west doors, there's better seating.  I went last night and had a blast. Have fun!

Me: Oh my gosh, thank you so much!

I was laughing so hard. What a nice person to call and make sure I had the right directions, especially since I texted her on accident and she was a complete stranger.  I made sure to text her after and tell her thanks and that we had a lot of fun. 

No comments: