Thursday, June 17, 2010

Looks like I spoke too soon..

   A half an hour after I published the last post titled "Boring Post" I decided to take a shower to wash all the paint off from the painting my table.  While I was in there, I heard the loudest CRUNCH!!!! It sounded awful.  Metal on metal, screeching brakes.  Then somehow, I forgot all about it.  I was finishing my makeup when I heard a knock on my door.  It was my mother in law with a terrible look on her face.  She told me my car just got hit.  I looked outside and saw: 



 Where did my trunk go? (In case you were wondering, my car is, well was, the white one)


             It just hurts to look at








   My car looks like the flying nun from the front.  I guess the universe decided my life needed some spicing up.  A student at UVU was driving home from class and looked down to pick something up (probably code for "was texting") and hit my poor car.  He hit it so hard that it moved the car about 12 feet forward.  The blessings in this situation are: Blake and I decided after an embarrassingly large number of months to clean out our trunk TWO days ago! We took a bunch of stuff out that would have been crushed to death and left mostly blankets inside.  Blessing #2 the guy who hit my car had a baby 2 weeks ago, SUCH  a blessing his baby wasn't in the car.  His airbags deployed and he blacked out for a minute, his baby could have been really hurt. Blessing #3 no one was hurt.  Blessing (in disguise) #4 Our car is probably totaled and the insurance company is probably just going to have to give us a check instead of fixing it, so.. new car? (This is going to take some time for me to see it as a blessing because I loved my honda and it was the best, most reliable car that we could have had for a long, long time.) 


   Anyway Blake had a nice surprise waiting for him when he came home from work, and I learned to never ever publicly declare that anything about my life is "boring" ever again.  

6 comments:

Mercedes said...

I know it's horrible, but I can't stop laughing! Hahaha, that's sad what happened to your car but it is pretty ironic. :) I hope you guys are able to find another good car. Honda's really are very reliable cars. Spain looked like it was SO much fun! I've always wanted to go there. Well, good luck with you're no-longer-boring life :D haha

Jason, Kodi, Jake and Tyler said...

Probably right as you were writing this post, we drove by and saw your car. We all thought "Holy cow! I hope she's okay! Wait a minute...someone had to have hit the car right there, look at the tire! I bet it was some lame person texting!! Good thing it didn't hit Blake's car too!" We were right! Crazy! I am so sorry that happened, BUT I am really glad that you weren't IN the car!!
Oh, and I think those commercials are pretty creepy too!

Michelle said...

Mercedes, you're right, all things considered it is pretty funny! Hey I still want to see your adorable baby in real life! And Kodi, good call! I'm so glad Blake's car was gone too or else this could have been an even bigger mess

Lindsey said...

Michelle, that sucks. I would be soooooo mad. I bet that kids feels awful. The crappy thing is, what the insurance gives you is nothing close to what that car is worth to you guys. I hopw you don't have to start forking out a car payment now :(

Emily said...

Oh Michelle!! That's awful! I'm so so sorry! I bet the guy that hit you feels like a complete moron. Who hits a parked car? And who hits a parked car THAT hard? Hopefully your New Car will make up for it!? Yikes! I'm glad he didn't have his new baby in the car with him!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!! poor car:( i'm glad no one got hurt! well atleast you'll be getting a new car! haha love you!