Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Of Late

   I had to return my rental car yesterday, (the other guy's insurance paid for it) and now I am car-less. Pretty awesome considering how Blake and I have the most opposite schedules you can imagine.  My cute little brother is letting me borrow his car today for school and work.
   School is pretty fun actually, now that all my classes are in my major it's a whole lot more interesting.  I'm writing for the Daily Universe this semester and it is CRAZY! It's a ton of work but it's pretty fun.  There are so many deadlines it's really hard to keep up and everyone has to be working on a few stories at a time or else you fall behind. I get to cover trials, immigration, the White House, health care and whatever else I get assigned to. I love it.  I've been to court following a case that happened on BYU on-campus housing last April and I get to follow it through to the end.  It can be pretty exciting. I got to cover the Patriotic Service on Sunday which was AMAZING! (even though I was already working on it as a member of the stage crew.. thanks mom for volunteering me for that by the way:) you haven't been before, you are missing out.  It is such a beautiful program every year. Steve Young did amazing this year.
   Other than that, I'm still doing makeup at Nordies.  I love my job because I meet so many fun, cool people, and let's face it- I love makeup.  
   Blake's taking an English class and working and taking some research credits, he just signed up for a ridiculously expensive MCAT prep course but it will for sure be worth it when he rocks the MCAT.  We're playing on a co-ed softball team and it is SO FUN! We are undefeated in case you were wondering. 




Okay here's a random picture of us in front of St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican-- just because I miss it.  Please excuse the Saved By the Bell style jacket tied around the waist, I was sick of carrying it.  



1 comment:

Kayla said...

I'm so sorry about the car! Hopefully it all gets worked out soon! I didn't know you did makeup at Nordstroms! I work part time at the mall, I should come visit you on my break or something!