Tuesday, February 8, 2011

JimmerMania


Blake and I at the UNLV game.  Jimmer time.


I know most of you have probably already heard about this, but it is hilarious!


A girl at BYU wrote a letter to the editor in the Daily Universe complaining about how BYU students are worshipping Jimmer like a false idol.  Poor thing.  She made the mistake of not making her facebook page private... well you don't say bad things about Jimmer to a BYU fan, let alone an entire university of them. 


Within about two hours she probably had 200 comments on her facebook status, which read "Just wrote another irritated letter to the editor of the BYU newspaper.  I hope this doesn't turn into a habit"


Please, PLEASE if you do nothing else today, click on these links and read some of the comments people wrote to her.  You will personally send me a hand-written thank you note for adding so much hilarity into your life.  (I would copy and paste, but it is about 39 times as long as my never-ending picture thread I posted a few days ago.)


I saw this thread this morning at work when one of my managers emailed it to me, from there, one of the other interns and I watched as ESPN.com and Yahoo news picked up the story.  I figure since I'm learning how to do media monitoring, this was an effective use of my time.  


Without further ado, enjoy.    
Here's what ESPN.com had to say, this is too funny.


As a manager put it today, "it just restores my faith in humanity, that so many people out there are still so witty."


I have to say, I feel a little bad for that poor, unsuspecting girl who only sought to complain about something that she had no reason to complain about in a very public forum for all to see and respond to, and this is what she got? Seriously though, she was trending on twitter earlier today, maybe a bit much?


At least now the word is out, you don't diss The Jimmer.  Especially not at BYU.

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Mishy, I won't ever diss the Jimmer! He is awesome. ALSO, congrats on your new internship in NYC!! You are the grooviest. Now, I will follow the ESP link you gave. Love ya!

The Felsted's said...

You look so gorgeous!!

medschoolmama said...

Hi Michelle! I just saw your comment on my blog and I would love to answer some questions for you! My email is nicolecaywood@gmail.com.