Monday, February 7, 2011

Lindsey Lohan and Gary Coleman

You know what's pretty time consuming? School and work.  Who knew?

Things are good here at the Steele residence.  Blake takes the MCAT in April, which is so exciting.  I'm looking forward to being able to actually see my husband again.  Hopefully I'll recognize him.  

Once he takes it, he'll start the med school application process. So to walk you through that, he pays a lot of money to take the MCAT, then pays to fill out first-round applications to a million medical schools. (You heard right, a million.) Then if they like it, he pays even more to fill out secondary applications and send them in.  Then, whoever likes him the best invites him to pay a ton of money for a last-minute flight out there to interview.  We're so excited!!!

Really though, we are.  It's pretty weird but also kind of cool to just have no idea where we'll be.  It's a little hard for me because I am such a planner.  I always need to know exactly where we'll be and what we'll be doing.  I love to make lists and charts and things of future plans (wow, I've been in school too long.... ) and I'm trying to look at this situation of everything being so up-in-the-air positively.  

I leave for New York in two short months.  I know these months are going to fly by but the two months I spend in New York away from Blake are probably going to be the slowest of my life; but I'm really excited about my internship, and about getting a taste of real agency or corporate PR experience.

Work is good, I love my internship at University Communications, I feel so official working in the Administration Building.  Bonus: Cecil sightings.  I walked by President Samuelson yesterday.  I was starstruck.

Nordstrom is still really fun.  I love getting to dress up to go into work.  I have to quit soon for New York, which is so weird.  I started working there almost four years ago.  FOUR! That is crazy.  I quit once before when I moved to Boston for a different internship (Go Mitt!) and then, inevitably found my way back.  Honestly though, I will probably miss the discount most of all.  (Moment of silence for the Michael Kors watch with the silver face and gold accents that now I really won't be able to afford.)  Oh Nordstrom, you were so good to me.  How else could I have seen and interacted with such legendary stars as Gary Coleman, Marie Osmond, Shawn King (wife of suspender-sporting Larry) and the one and only, always classy Lindsey Lohan?  

Yes friends, I helped Lindsey Lohan buy a Marc by Marc Jacobs electric blue handbag a few years ago when she was here for rehab.  Not that she really needed my help that much, she basically bought the entire first floor in about twenty minutes. 

Flashback:  
Me: Can I help you find something?
Customer: *turning around*
Me: Lindsay Lohan??? What the??

One of my finer moments.  Anyway, she was actually really, really nice.  (sidenote: she was photographed in People the next day walking out of Nord's with the handbag that I helped her buy.  Claim to fame people.)

Since I've already frightened away my hordes of readers by committing a blogging cardinal sin in my last post: overloading on picture-postage, I'll stop before my rambling leaves me alone and reader-less.  

So what's the moral of the story?  Lindsey Lohan is even skinnier in real life, and Gary Coleman (RIP) wore the heck out of that black felt cowboy hat he loved to sport around town.

2 comments:

Julie Wilding said...

Are you going to be gone for the Freedom Festival?! I can't do it without you.

Michelle said...

Please woman, I could never miss that. I have too much fun being a stagehand at the Patriotic Service for all America to see. We will be reunited once again friend.