Saturday, September 10, 2011

blondes vs. brunettes

A little story:

There are six girls in my family, including my mom, and five of us are blonde. Stephanie was born with beautiful dark brown hair, which, although stunning, also caused her to be mistaken for a neighbor child most of her life.

"Now who are you?"
"I'm Stephanie, I'm one of the Petersons."
"Oh no you're not, the Peterson girls are blonde!"

Or

"Now when did you dye your hair?"

Stephanie's hair is gorgeous, and she loves that it's one of the attributes that makes her look the most like our beautiful grandma; but I'm sure this conversation she has on repeat with every distant relative and former ward members gets old.

DSC04381 
200499_5375855621_516225621_24449_3334_n
PS-415


When Blake and I were engaged, Steph realized I would be the only blonde in a family of brunettes.  She thought it was so funny that someone else was finally going to experience a fraction of the case of mistaken identity she went through her whole life.

The Steeles took family pictures a few weeks ago... can you spot the blonde? I showed this to Steph at my baby shower. She felt vindicated.

Image-4894406-135716512-2-Web_0_4ac8aea15fb47ffa262470a1a7c2c76c_1

In other news, I'm now 31 weeks pregnant. I can't believe I only have 9 weeks left.  We're getting so excited! It's really crazy to watch this active little boy distort my stomach all day long.  He doesn't stop moving for a minute, (and if he does, then he gets the hiccups) which makes my stomach look like something out of Alien.  We're having a blast getting his room ready.  Now if anyone has any name suggestions, go ahead and send them our way.  We are really struggling here!

2 comments:

Natty said...

That is so funny about the hair color. Steph fits in your family just perfectly though, all you girls have the FUNNIEST personalities and I think I may have peed my pants at your house a few too many times, okay Steph did too. As for names, I am actually having a little boy in Feb and man we are struggling with the names. My top 3 are Mcguire, Liam, and Cy. I just dont' know though....

Rachel Judd Cowley said...

Oh honey, I wish I looked as good as you when I was pregnant! Sheesh. You're a blonde babe :) And choosing names is THE HARDEST THING EVER! Felicity (Lissy) wasn't named for days.