Thursday, September 22, 2011

Little Brother


I miss my brother.  My darling little younger brother Sean is serving in the Spain, Malaga mission.  I miss him so much! It's pretty cool he's in Malaga because Blake served in Barcelona, and the church has since changed the mission boundaries so Sean gets to serve in a few of Blake's old areas. 

Sean's emails are always so uplifting.  It is such a neat experience to hear his stories illustrating how the Spirit of God works through his servants to answer prayers and provide help to people who need it.  The gospel is just so amazing.  There are simply too many amazing "coincidences" that happen in our lives to not be attributed to Heavenly Father. 

In his last letter, he sent home some pictures of his most recent baptism.  A little 8 year old boy in his ward asked Sean to baptize him.  When I saw this picture, I could not stop laughing.  Sean is 6'6".  While his awesome height served him very well in his basketball career, and is not out of the ordinary for our very tall family, or even for America, it seems the people in Spain aren't used to it.  

This is a picture the father of the baptized boy took of the baptism:


Sean looks great, doesn't he? Really happy and healthy.  Love that haircut.

Oh poor Sean, but this is the world's best picture.  

He let us know that somebody else took this next picture:


Oh I miss my cute little brother.  Sean is a great missionary and he's working really hard.  I miss him to death but I'm so grateful for his decision to serve a mission.  His example of selfless service influences me every day.

2 comments:

rebecca said...

I think that your brother served with my brother a little while ago! I didn't realize that Elder Peterson was related to you. Small world!

Michelle said...

No way! That is so cool!