Thursday, May 21, 2009

At Least I'm Trying...

For our wedding, Blake and I got this really cool thing called a "skookie."  A skookie, i learned, is a cookie skillet, so it's smaller than a regular skillet and you make big cookies with it.  Not rocket science.... 

Then I tried to make it.  I have NO idea how this happened but I guess it just comes with the territory of being a new wife.  Anybody else horribly ruin a meal when they were first married? Please tell me so I don't feel so bad for myself.  

Blake is so sweet, as soon as he saw what I did, he ran really fast to his parents' house, asked his mom if he could borrow some ice cream, came back with two huge bowls and said "look, i fixed it!" He's so funny!

Hey, I've made other meals that turned out great, this is the first thing that I have managed to completely ruin. 


 

6 comments:

Kayla said...

seriously don't feel bad!!! I always mess up meals. my husband is a way better cook than me, it's so intimidating. haha! I still always mess up meals.

Tyson & Gina said...

No stress. I've been married for almost a year and a half and I still ruin meals every now and again! It's a good sign you caught a good husband when he can cheer you up so fast afterward though! :)

Shanicherie said...

Michelle, this is so funny! Don't even worry about it. In our first month of marriage I accidentally forgot about our chicken in the oven and when I smelled something funny and looked in there, it was in FLAMES! Real, true, bright orange flames! We totally still laugh so hard about it!

Sierra and Ryan said...

I had many of those same stories! Now Ryan and I look back on our first few months of marriage and think "wow, you didn't really cook well". It gets better and better as you go! :)

Michelle said...

thank you! I feel so much better! You guys are awesome

Nancy said...

The Skookie seems confusing anyway. We didn't even keep the one we got for our wedding, cause it looked too complex! You're great to even try with that one!

This is Blake's cousin Nancy by the way. :)