Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Big News!

This has been a really exciting month because:



  • I found out I got 2 internships that I REALLY wanted! Starting in January, I'll be working for BYU's University Communications writing press releases, helping host and plan press conferences, and writing feature stories on anything and everything newsworthy that happens at the Y.  (which, by the way, is a lot.)  I'll be there all the way until next December and I can't wait to get started. The girl who I'm replacing had some of her stories published in Shape Magazine, Self Magazine, and CNN.com.  Pretty cool! I'm SO excited and can't wait to start! (Bonus: I'm working on the same floor just a few doors down from the great Cecil O! *Cecil O. Samuelson, the President of BYU.)(Oh, another thing, that bio I linked to on President Sameulson? That was put out by University Communications :)
  • Bigger news, in April I'll be moving to Manhattan for two months for the second internship. I'll either be working for LDS Public Affairs or Fleishman-Hillard Public Relations.  Still hammering out those details :)  The downside is Blake can't come with me because he'll be taking the MCAT and applying to med schools.  But he'll visit... a lot, so maybe I'll survive? Too soon to call it.
  • Blake took another MCAT practice test today and scored a whole 5 points higher than his last one. That's awesome! He's planning on taking it in April and we're still trying to narrow down the schools he's going to apply to.  So this is an exciting/stressful next few months for us.
  • I'm still working at Nordstrom in the Women's shoe department.  Because this will be my 4th Christmas in a row closing on Christmas Eve, I have a love/hate relationship with working retail and Christmas.  Example: I love Christmas, but I hate that I will be working 50 hours this week.  
  • Finally, I'm REALLY excited about one of the presents I got Blake for Christmas.  Seeing as how he just asked me what the URL was for our blog... again... I could probably just tell you what I got him and confidently know that he would still have no idea.  But in the spirit of Christmas, I will not divulge that information.

So Season's Greetings, from, the Steeles. Can you tell how excited Blake is for Christmas!!??

Ok now for a real one..

Oh yeah, I'm blonde again.

2 comments:

The Felsted's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Congratulations on your internships!... You are a strong woman to leave for 2 months! I couldn't (read: wouldn't want to) be away from my husband! Hope it's a great experience though!