Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A little background

I STILL can't find my camera! I really want to post pictures too because we've been doing lots of camera-worthy things lately. But to feel better about myself as a blogger, I'll answer this tag, mainly so I can have a post tied me over.  


1)When is your "marriage" anniversary? "engagement" anniversary?


We got engaged on December 19, 2008 and married on May 1, 2009.  

2) Where/how did you meet your spouse for the first time?


Well we went to junior high AND high school together, but we didn't really meet until the summer in 2008 when we saw each other at an outdoor concert thing.  That one's that one that counts. 
3) How long have you known your spouse:


I don't know how to answer this since we knew who each other were in high school, technically... 8 years? That doesn't really count though, I'm going to say 2 1/2 to stay on the safe side.

4) How long did you date/court before you were engaged?


Well... we got engaged after six months, and married four months after that. We actually got married ten months to the day of our first date.  This is where you go "awwwww"
5) Do you have any children:


Yes, four.  Have I never blogged about them? Really? That's so weird..
6) Do you have any house pets:


Oh geez.  No but I bet Blake would answer this yes because we happen to dog sit for friends and family quite a bit.  I love it because I think dogs are so fun, but Blake pretends to not love it, even though I know he really does. Good thing he has me to tell him that he actually loves things he pretends to hate, like cucumbers. (Who hates cucumbers??) 
7) What are some of your favorite activities together:


We like to not have homework together, but that never happens, so we are avid red box patrons, we like to go out to eat, we love to play sports together and we like to go on bike rides together.  We're going to start training for triathlons this spring hopefully!


8) Do you have a favorite vacation spot:

Well we've basically been on one vacation, and it was to EUROPE, so we're pretty spoiled.  I'm going to go ahead and say Italy and look really cool.  
9) Where was your first date?


We went bowling with Blake's friends Brandon Hill and Dallin Larsen and their dates. Then we hiked the Y.  (It wasn't a competition, but I'm so competitive that I turned it into one, and I really wanted Blake and I to make it to the top first, so by the time we got up there we were all sweaty and tired.  But we totally wasted everybody else, and that's all that matters.)
10) When did you first kiss? 


This is pretty sad, neither of us remember exactly how long after our first date it was, but we both pretty much agree it was about 3-4 weeks after our first date.  It was really cute :)

11)Who said I Love you First? 


Blake did, but I said it back right away.

12) Did you get married in a church? 


No we got married in the Salt Lake Temple.

13) Where did you go on your honeymoon:


We went to San Diego, and it was so much fun.

14) How long did you know each other before you started dating?

You're getting a little repetitive here, survey.  We've kind of been over this.  Probably five years. But I'm using the term "know each other" very loosely, we knew who each other were, but we didn't necessarily know each other.

15)What do you call each other most of the time?


We both kind of think it's annoying when couples call each other "babe" or "hon," so we mostly call each other "love," oh, you know, like old people. When Blake's with his friends though I like to call him embarrassingly mushy nicknames, such as "lover-bottom", and "honey-babe," and "shmoopy-shmooperton".  It's a new game I made up called "embarrass your husband," and I am REALLY good at it.

16)Where do you each work or go to school?

We both go to BYU and I work at Nordstrom in the Women's Shoe department.

17) Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?


Probably how much time we have to spend apart.  We are busy newlywed students.
 18) Did you go to the same school?


Yes, the same junior high, high school, and college.

19) Are you from the same home town?


Yes we're both from Orem.  I LOVE that!
20) Who is smarter?

We both have our strengths, but overall Blake is the smartest.

21) Who is more sensitive?


You're kind of dropping the ball on these end questions here survey.  It's like you just gave up.  Where's the effort? I am more sensitive ok!? Are you happy??

22)Where do you eat out most as a couple?


Iggy's, Wingers, Cafe Rio, Mi Ranchito, Olive Garden... man we eat out way too much.

23) What attracted you to him first?


Hello, have you SEEN him??? He is a very beautiful man.  One might even go as far as to say he is like a greek god. 
24) Who is more social?


Again, the topic of much debate in our lives.  Blake would for sure say that I am way more social, and that he doesn't like to be social or something, but Blake is one of the most social people.  It's that thing he does again where he pretends he is not a certain way but he actually is.  Like when he says he is not very smart but then he gets a 95% on his Advanced Physiology final, or whatever hard class he is currently taking.

25) Who is the neat-freak?


ME by FAR! I hate it so bad when people come over and the house is messy.  Probably one of my biggest pet peeves.  

26) What are HIS favorite things and HER favorite things?


His: cereal, football, playing with nieces and nephews, bread, watching sports, laughing super hard, and america's funniest home videos (to which he laughs super hard)


Hers: family, holding babies, writing, ice cream, watching movies with Blake, hulu (I'm just going to say it) and PR




I tag: Camille Juergens, Jennica Myra Faye Felsted, and Michelle Cannon

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I didn't know you transferred to the shoe department!