Wednesday, December 29, 2010

BYU v. UTEP

Two weeks ago, in an unlikely, yet very fortunate turn of events, I got work off so I could go with Blake and his brother Luke, his brother-in-law Matt, his dad, and Tom's friend Cami to watch Tom play in the New Mexico bowl.  It was so fun to have a weekend off and to hang out with Blake and his fam.  It was a short, but very fun trip.


Tom warming up (#52)


Cami and I sitting on a semi-creepy Santa's lap


I laughed my head off when I saw Blake wearing his beanie like this.  This is him right after he said "What?? This doesn't look funny!" He looked like a cute little Christmas elf.  I thought that was the funniest thing, until I noticed:
  
That he and his dad were wearing theirs the exact same way! Oh man I laughed so hard.  They are so funny together.


Blake and Tom after the game.  I'm sure if Luke had noticed someone was taking a picture, he would have made sure he was pulling a really creepy face.  Luke is always making everyone laugh.



I know it looks like Blake and I knew this picture was being taken, but we really didn't.  Luke, however, looks like that on a regular basis. 

Cami and me


The Steele boys


Chad Lewis was excited to see Blake's dad, who coached him in high school.  They stayed and talked on the field for a really long time.  I thought it was so cool! I kind of just stood like 3 feet away and stared at him, too shy to say anything, but apparently brave enough to stare strangely for an extended period of time.  Makes sense right? Cami kept daring me to go get a picture with him but I was too scared so she took one when I didn't know:
 This one's going on the fridge for sure.



I'm so glad I got to go.  It's always fun to spend time with Blake.  He's the best and we always have a ton of fun together.  

I really liked the trip, but realized I never want to live in a desert-y place.  So St. George, New Mexico, Arizona, Vegas, and parts of Southern California, send me a postcard.  I also realized how much I HATE Kokopelli's.  (You know, the little guys who play an instrument with the curved backs that are found in desert-y places and on the necklaces of old women? What? That wasn't descriptive enough? Here's a picture):





But we had a TON of fun and I'm so glad I was able to come.

P.S. That sweet old school BYU coat I'm wearing was given to me by Papa a few months ago.  Everytime I wear it I think of him.  Even though it's a few sizes too big for me, it always brings back great memories.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I laughed out loud at the beanie picture. Please tell me they weren't really thinking it was ok to wear them like that! And ditto on the kokopelli thing. (That was a hilarious description BTW.)

Michelle said...

Haha Lindsey I was really excited for you to see that picture actually. When I posted it I thought you would think it was so funny.