Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A little tour


Skyping with Blake.  He's coming to visit in 3 weeks! I can't wait!


This is the view outside my window

This is across the street from where I work.  I'm in that big black building right behind the sculpture.  I work on Madison Avenue.  It is AWESOME! This is Madison Square Park, I get to walk through it every morning.  Every few months they have a different local artist's work displayed in the park.  I am in love with this face.  It's the coolest thing in person.  It is so beautiful! I'm excited to see what they have next month.

Across the street in the other direction is the Flat Iron building.  How cool is this area? I love stepping off the subway every morning and seeing how beautiful my surroundings are.

The first Saturday we were here, a few of us went to the temple.  I forgot for a minute that we're not in Utah anymore and the only session we made it to was in Spanish.  It was so beautiful.  It's amazing how much peace the sight of the temple can bring.  It's right in the heart of Manhattan, across from the Lincoln Center, and even though it's surrounded by huge skyscrapers, it seems as though it stands alone. It is a beautiful building.  Our ward meets here as well.  It's really cool to go to church in the temple! They have a chapel on the second floor. 




1 comment:

Karly Barker said...

Michelle! SO glad you are having a blast out there. Say hi to that city. I am jealous of you! You and blake are too adorable! Love it