Monday, May 16, 2011

Looking up

First off, thanks for the comments on my last post.  Blogger deleted my post (as it did to many of you) and along with it, the original comments, but I think I read most of them before they were lost forever!  I'm 14 weeks pregnant now and feeling great.  We are extremely excited!

My parents came to New York last weekend.  I had only been here a week and a half when they came.  I like to think their sole purpose in coming was to visit me, and that my dad conveniently had meetings scheduled out here the same time.  Yes, that's how I'll view it.  We had a blast.  I was pretty homesick the first week, (something about moving into the world's smallest, smelliest glorified nasty dorm room will probably do that to you) and when I saw them I felt like I hadn't seen family in 20 years.  Alright, maybe I can blame a little bit of that on the pregnancy hormones, but still, I was really happy to see them.

I got to leave my gross little apartment and stay with them at the Waldorf-Astoria for a few nights.  My bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud sprinkled with fairy dust compared to the little bricks they call mattresses at my apartment.  I felt like pretty woman, you know, the non-prostitute, Mormon, watered down, weekend version of pretty woman. So I guess maybe that analogy doesn't work at all..

Is it possible that I am being slightly overly dramatic when it comes to my apartment? No. I'm sorry, it's not. It is just simply that gross.

Anyway, back to the weekend.  On Saturday we went shopping and saw a bunch of fun sights.  We went to FAO Schwarz to see the famous Piano floor, of course, and then everything from Bergdorf Goodman to McKenzie Childs (which is adorable, by the way),  I had the best time with my parents.  They are so much fun to be with.  As I get older, and now especially as I'm going to be a parent myself, I start to realize more and more how incredible they are, and I am finally able to see more clearly the sacrifices that they make so frequently and without a second thought, things I didn't realize before.




This is a Barbie Foosball table at FAO Schwarz

This guy told my mom he would pay her $5 if he could take a picture with her

I received no such offer
 My cute mom in the elevator at McKenzie Childs, the most adorable store in the world



 Blake, I know you are hard-core and a hunter and everything, and I know you have killed giant elk and mounted their heads on the wall of your family's cabin, but I'm sorry, this is the only way I will let wild game be on display on our home. 


30 Rock! (Liz Lemon lives on Riverside Drive, and so do I... but strangely enough we have yet to run into each other in the elevator.  I'll let you know...)

 And we saw Mary Poppins on Broadway
 My niece Emma can probably do this.  We had to take this picture in honor of how crazy flexible that little girl is!

Central Park.  I miss you already Mom and Dad!

1 comment:

Rosemary said...

Michelle, I have tears in my eyes right now. I am so happy for you and I loved the pictures of your time with you terrific parents, and I loved the mother-things you are realizing. You will be just like her. I love you, Michelle!